On behalf of the entire TRC Board, we wish everyone a happy & healthy new year!
The outgoing 2022 and incoming 2023 TRC Board members have been very busy collaborating on another year of exciting educational meetings, providing us with opportunities to enhance the value we bring to each other, our customers and our community!
Before I share upcoming TRC news with you, I would first like to thank Karly McGowan, out-going TRC President, and Kathy Horton, out-going TRC Vice President, for their leadership over the past year. Their dedication to the membership was especially appreciated during our 10th anniversary year and for our first in-person meetings in a couple years! Karly and Kathy will continue to serve our membership in an Advisory capacity in the coming year. Thank you, Karly and Kathy!
I am excited to announce the 2023 TRC Executive Board, charged with leading our organization for the coming year:
· President: Rachel K. Frenette, Focus Relocation, Inc.
· Vice President: Janet Olkowski, Graebel Relocation
· Treasurer: Richard Cobb, Wels Fargo Home Mortgage
· Secretary: Natalie Smith, Stay Sojo
2023 Board of Directors and Committees they lead:
· Logistics: Kyle Blalock, Stay With Oasis and Whitney Cooper, Alexander’s Mobility Services
· Membership: Debbie McGee, PZI International and Michael Smith, AHI Corporate Housing
· Programs: Shannon Barnes, Armstrong Relocation and Yolla Harb, Cartus
· Sponsorship & Social - Media: Lisa Fontana, Rocket Mortgage and Carrie Takamatsu, Hilldrup
Congratulations to the incoming Board and thanks for volunteering your time and talent to serve our membership!
Highlights and information for our upcoming year:
· TRC annual membership renewal campaign is underway. Please take a moment to renew your membership today if you have not done so already to be a member in 2023.
· Mark your calendars to "Save the Date" for the •Spring Meeting scheduled for Thursday, April 20,2023 at the Nashville City Club followed by our post meeting event at The Dream Hotel. Meeting registration and details will be communicated soon.
· GREAT NEWS – 2023 Corporate and HR members will receive free registration to our 2023 meetings and after- hours events! Note – corporate and HR members must still register for the Spring and Fall meetings in order to attend.
· Fall 2023 TRC Meeting – tentative date is Thursday, November 9, 2023. Calendar a place--holder to join us - confirmation and details to follow later this year.
· Corporate and HR Roundtable opportunities will be provided at both the Spring and Fall meetings. More information to follow.
· Lots of sponsorship opportunities will be available again in 2023. Information coming out soon. Thanks to all of our TRC sponsors that provide financial support to the organization, allowing us to host these valuable meetings.
· Be sure to check-in with TRC via our website and various social media platforms (Linked In, Twitter)
· We will continue to support community initiatives that give back to those in need and provide a path to success for local students. A heartfelt thanks for the donations that our members so generously provide that allow us to give back to our community in these special ways. Details on the various ways you can assist in 2023 will be included with Spring and Fall meeting registration information.
· Opportunities to work on a TRC committee are always open and appreciated. Consider supporting a committee or even running for a future Board opportunity. And because we are here to serve our membership, the Board is always open for suggestions and recommendations that bring additional value to all of our members. Reach out to a Board member with your ideas!
I want to personally thank the TRC Board for the opportunity to serve as your 2023 President this year. It’s easy to be excited for the upcoming year when I see the leadership, talent and passion that this TRC Board is bringing to each and every one of us for the coming year. They are an amazing team of professionals with boundless energy, coupled with passion and dedication just waiting to be of service to our organization. How lucky (and smart!) are we to be a part of the TRC community!
All the best to each and every one of you in the coming year! Looking forward to seeing you soon!
President, TRC 2023